Custom Search

Saturday, December 12, 2020

I AM GREATLY FAVOURED!

Dearly Beloved, I AM GREATLY FAVOURED! “The angel went to her and said, ‘Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you’” (Luke 1:28 NIV). Although I have started broadcasting my fiftieth birthday on social media a month before the D-Day, I did not have the financial resources to roll out the drums on the day I would celebrate my golden jubilee on earth. I had to resort to fate and decide to celebrate the unique day with thanksgiving to God and posting of some of my old pictures and personal quotations on the social media which have become my main platforms of ministering to people. Some people that are close to me were asking me what and how I would celebrate the day. My response was that there would be no special event that day. Birthday wishes by text messages from some of my banks woke me up some minutes past midnight on the D-Day, December 8, 2020. I decided not to do any other thing but to look back and reflect on my life in the past fifty years and appreciate God for what He has done in my life in this half a century. I could remember vividly how I started primary school education at age six. In appreciation to God, I continued to mention as many things as I could remember since 1976 till 2020. I did this for almost an hour. I realized that I have been greatly favoured and honoured by God. At day break, my wife and children prayed with me and I went to my office. Countless messages through phone calls, SMS, WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and email came to felicitate with me. I was not happy that I could not afford a birthdate cake or entertain people with some delicacies or drinks as it is the practice where I live. My office mates were expectant, but nothing came forth. In spite of this, I was glad on the other hand that the Lord could favour me to witness my 50th birthdate in good health. I was appreciative of God for the gift of life He has graciously given me. I have to confess that some people actually blessed me financially and materially later that day. One unexpected blessing even came from an over-eighty-year-old woman that enabled me to do the needful in the African way. Indeed, I am greatly favoured! You may not be celebrating any birthdate now. Nevertheless, do you know that you are also greatly favoured by God? Think about your life. Even, if God has not done what you are expecting from Him this year, the fact that you are still living is a great favour. Many have died. Some are dying as you are reading this message. Be appreciative of God. Thank Him for what He has done for you in the past. Thank Him for what He is doing presently. Even, thank Him for what He has not done. He will continue to favour you in His own time, and in His own way. As for me, I am thankful because God has greatly favoured me. In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Pray that you will always be appreciative of God as He is favouring you every day. NB: I am appreciative also to everyone that felicitated with me before, during, and after my 50th birthday on December 8, 2020 through phone calls, SMS, WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and email (some are still sending their birthday wishes!). I am greatly honoured by your wishes. The Lord will continue honour and favour you in Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: