Custom Search

Saturday, May 9, 2020

ARE YOU A CARING MOTHER?

Dearly Beloved, ARE YOU A CARING MOTHER? “[The mother] watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness” (Proverbs 31:27 NKJV). “By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king’s command” (Hebrews 11:23 NKJV). The memory of my late mother still lingers in my mind. I can remember how she took special care of me, my siblings, and other children that she had adopted as hers as the practice then in many parts of Yoruba land. Her caring was extraordinary. She was proactive. She was energetic. She was sympathetic. I thought then that she was a super woman. I am grateful to God for given me a wife that is a replica of my late mother. My wife’s caring of her children is superlative. I am not jealous of her nature, but at times, I wish I could be like her when it comes to active caring of children. It seems this caring nature is characteristic of almost all women. Moses’ mother was so caring that she could not afford losing him to the raging resentment of the then king of Egypt. She (specifically according to Exodus 2:2-3) hid Moses for three months (the writer of Hebrews gave credit to both parents! [see Hebrews 11:23]). Even when the daughter of Pharaoh handed over Moses to her as a caregiver, she did not relent in her efforts to raise Moses in the right ways. No wonder, Moses did not lose his real identity even in the affluence of the palace of Pharaoh (see Exodus 2:9-11). One of the characteristics of the wife of noble character as described in Proverbs 31:27 is that the mother was watchful of her children. She was active in taken care of her household. No wonder, her children and her husband applauded her for her industrious acts (verses 28-29). Are you a caring mother? Are you sensitive to the needs of your children? Can your children and husband praise you for your care and watchfulness over them? God is expecting every mother to be caring and industrious over her children and husband. You cannot do less. Happy Mother’s Day! In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Pray for all living mothers that actively care and watch over their children. NB 1. This message is dedicated to my late mother, Hannah Abiola Afolaranmi, my caring wife, Florence Opeyemi Afolaranmi, and all actively caring mothers throughout the world. 2. The free eBook, “COVID-19: My Spiritual Thoughts” (seven encouraging messages based on biblical teachings about the COVID-19 pandemic), is still available FREE upon request by email to . Thanks.

No comments: