Custom Search

Saturday, June 22, 2019

DO YOU REMEMBER HIM?

Dearly Beloved, DO YOU REMEMBER HIM? "But when all goes well with you, remember me and show me kindness; mention me to Pharaoh and get me out of this prison.... The chief cupbearer, however, did not remember Joseph; he forgot him" (Genesis 40:14, 23 NIV). The elder brothers of Joseph hated him because of his bright future. They sold him into slavery in Egypt (Genesis 37). Even there, he was wrongly accused and thrown into prison (Genesis 39). Nevertheless, the Lord was with him and made him to find favor in the sight of the prison warder that he was made the chief prisoner in charge of other prisoners (Genesis 39:21, 22). In the course of his duty one day, he noticed that two of the prisoners were not happy. On enquiry, he discovered that each of them had had a terrified dream the previous night. He interpreted the dream of each of them and told the one with favorable interpretation not to forget him when he is freed, and that he should find ways to get him (Joseph) out of the prison. However, when that prisoner (who was the then cupbearer of Pharaoh) was freed and restored to his former esteemed position, he did not remember Joseph. It took God’s intervention after two years before he could remember Joseph. Have you been expecting that someone will remember you and help you in one way or the other for so long a time? People may not remember you, but God does! Hear this: "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me" (Isaiah 49:15-16 NIV). In His own appointed time, God will remember you and elevate you to His desired position for your life. Furthermore, who has helped you or in need of your help that you need to remember? Do you remember the person? For how long will you wait to remember the person and help him? God depends on you for the help of that person. You need to remember him and act now! In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Points: 1. Lord, intervene in my affair and make the person that ought to help me remember me and help me now. 2. Remind me Lord about who I am suppose to help and enable me to help that person now.

No comments: