Custom Search

Sunday, December 20, 2015

HE WILL SELL FEW COWS!

Dearly Beloved, HE WILL SELL FEW COWS! “...for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills” (Psalm 50:10 NIV). Recently, I was chatting with a pastor-colleague on Facebook and told her about my financial challenge as I continue my postgraduate study here in the United Kingdom. Here was her response: “God is faithful. He will do it. That is small. Just a few cows He will sell to settle it.” “Cows?” I questioned. What have cows got to do with my situation and God’s faithfulness in meeting my needs? She then referred me to the above quoted verse and explained that God has everything including “the cattle on a thousand hills” and what He needs to do is just to “sell” some of the cows to meet my needs. It was then I understood her point. I had a better understanding as I reflected on cattle rearers who usually sell some of their cows to meet their essential needs. While God does not need to sell any cow or any other thing for that matter to be able to meet the needs of His loved ones, He knows what to do, how to do it, and when to do it to meet their needs in His own way and in His own time. There were thousands of people that followed Jesus Christ to listen to Him. A time came when these people needed to be cared for. Jesus asked His disciples what they would do to feed these people. However, the writer of the Gospel added this: “...he already had in mind what he was going to do” (John 6:6 NIV). The thousands of people were provided for with many baskets full of left over. Are you also in need of one thing or the other? Apostle Paul told the Philippians: “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (4:19 NIV). You do not need to be worried or lose hope. Paul had earlier warned: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God” (Philippians 4:6 NIV). “God is faithful. He will do it. That is small. Just a few cows He will sell to settle it.” Do you believe this? In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Pray that you will not worry about your needs, but that you will learn to trust God for the provision of your needs.

No comments: