Custom Search

Saturday, January 6, 2024

THE GOD IN WHOM I TRUST

Dearly Beloved, THE GOD IN WHOM I TRUST “I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust’” (Psalm 91:2 NKJV). The people were enjoying their flight when they suddenly heard that the pilot had lost control of the plane. The likely consequence of this is a plane crash and that probably would be the end of all the passengers and the crew of the plane. The tranquillity that reigned in the plane metamorphosed into fear and uneasiness. People were calling on their gods to deliver them. Some were calling on their dead ancestors to come to their aid. There were even some that were saying their last prayers! Nevertheless, there was a woman in the plane who was not moved by the news of the impending danger. She was calm where she sat. Others around her were wondering what could be the secret of her calmness in such a situation. The people were still expecting the worst when they heard another announcement, a good one, that the pilot had regained control of the plane. They eventually landed safely at their destination. As they were alighting from the plane, a curious man came to the calm woman and inquired from her the secret of her calmness. The woman just said: “God, in whom I trust, He is my refuge and fortress. He is there for me always.” People have options to trust in anything or anybody in times of distress. The thing may be past experiences, power, knowledge, human wisdom, expertise, or capability. People trusted may be superior officers, parents, political, traditional, or religious leaders, teachers, supervisors, or mentors. The object of trust may even be oneself. Who or what would you trust in times of trouble? The psalmist declared, “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God” (Psalm 20:7 NKJV). Do you also trust in that God? Can you boldly say in times of trouble that God is your refuge and fortress? Who will you even turn to when you are in trouble? God says in Psalm 50:15, “Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me” (NKJV). Also in Psalm 91:15, He says, “He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him” (NKJV). The God, in whom I will trust, will always save you from all evil. Amen. In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Pray for the grace to always trust God in any situation of life.

No comments: