Custom Search

Saturday, January 7, 2023

MY YEAR OF CONSOLIDATED GOODNESS OF GOD

Dearly Beloved, MY YEAR OF CONSOLIDATED GOODNESS OF GOD “Surely [God’s] goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever” (Psalm 23:6 NKJV). The year 2022 was indeed a great year for me. The Lord demonstrated His goodness and faithfulness over my life in remarkable ways. At the beginning of the year, I listed three specific prayer requests that I wanted God to attend to and make manifested in my life before the end of the year. The Lord did not only granted these requests before the end of the year, He also gave me additional bonuses of His goodness that made people to rejoice with me on many occasions during the year. The Lord God was indeed good and faithful to me in the year 2022. I return all the glory to Him! As I was about to enter the year 2023, the Lord ministered to me that the New Year will be the Year of Consolidated Goodness and Ever Faithfulness of God for me. I quickly keyed into it, adapted it for myself in praying that in this year 2023, God should consolidate the goodness He has done for me in the year 2022. I also make it my main prayer for people in the New Year. I say once again that this year 2023 will be the Year of Consolidated Goodness and Ever Faithfulness of God for you in Jesus’ name. Amen. The Lord is indeed good! The psalmist declared, “For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations” (Psalm 100:5 NKJV). In another place, he prophesied, “Surely [God’s] goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever” (Psalm 23:6 NKJV). I believe these two declarations. They have been made manifest in my life, and I am sure that they will continue to be in my life. However, these goodness and faithfulness of God are not automatic. Prophet Isaiah warned, “If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land” (Isaiah 1:19 NKJV). To enjoy the goodness and faithfulness of God, one has to be obedient to God. This is reiterated in many places in the Holy Bible. As much as God loved the Israelites, He warned them severally that if they would enjoy His goodness, they have to diligently obey Him, and if they do not, they would suffer for it. As long as the Israelites obeyed God, they enjoyed Him. Anytime they disobeyed, they did not enjoy the goodness of God. That hymn writer said, “Trust and obey, for there's no other way/To be happy with Jesus, but to trust and obey.” The Lord is ready to consolidate His goodness and faithfulness over your life this year. Do you want to enjoy this consolidated goodness? Be ready to obey God wholeheartedly this year. Do not indulge yourself in sins and conscious disobedience to the words of God and the will of God for your life. 2023, My Year of Consolidated Goodness and Ever Faithfulness of God! In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Lord, give me the grace to obey You wholeheartedly so as to enjoy Your consolidated goodness this year.

No comments: