Custom Search

Saturday, October 31, 2020

THANKSGIVING TO THE GOD OF PERFECTION

Dearly Beloved, THANKSGIVING TO THE GOD OF PERFECTION “I will praise You with my whole heart; before the gods I will sing praises to You…. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands” (Psalm 138:1, 8 NKJV). Gradually, the year 2020 is running to an end. Do you have any reason to thank God in the peculiar year? I do! I started the year (like any other year) with high hope of breaking new frontiers in every sphere of my life. In spite of the challenges that came with the year, especially the global COVID-19 pandemic and its resultant lockdown and the recent #ENDSARS protests that forced many organizations in Nigeria to be closed down for almost a week, I have many reasons to thank God. In spite of the fact that God has not seemingly fulfilled everything that I am expecting from Him this year, I am thanking Him because I know that, being one of the works of His hands, He will perfect that which concerns me. He will never forsake me because His love and mercy for me never fail. In fact, they endure forever. I will give thanksgiving with my whole heart to my God of perfection. I will praise Him wherever I find myself. Psalm 138 (like many other psalms in the Book of Psalms) was attributed to King David. The psalmist was ready to praise God with his whole heart even before “the gods”! “The gods” here meant other kings like David that were considered as “gods” in many ancient Near Eastern societies. In some African societies (like among the Yorubas), traditional kings especially are considered to be second in command to the gods. Undoubtedly, the Lord had been so good to King David. The Lord had manifested His lovingkindness in the life of David. The Lord had answered him when he called on Him. Indeed, great is the glory of God that He had demonstrated in the life and kingship of David. David knew that the Lord would continue to protect him even though he found himself in trouble. He knew that the Lord would perfect that which concerned him. The Lord God deserves our thanksgiving for who He is and for everything He has been doing for us since the beginning of the year 2020. Look back and see what He has done for you. Has He not done so much for you? He has answered you when you called on Him. Even, when you did not call, He has preserved you. Worship Him with your whole heart. Worship Him with your whole being. Worship Him with your resources. Praise Him before the people. Praise Him in His sanctuary. Praise Him everywhere. It is certain that He has helped you thus far in the year. Even, if it seems He has not done what you want Him to do for you this year, He will perfect what He has promised in your life. He is the God of perfection. Apostle Paul said in Philippians 1:6: “being confident of this very thing, that [God] who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ” (NKJV). I will indeed give thanksgiving with my whole heart to my God of perfection. In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Specifically thank God for what He has done for you this year. Pray that He will perfect what He has started in your life before the end of the year.

No comments: