Custom Search

Saturday, December 8, 2018

WHY I SHOULD PRAISE GOD

Dearly Beloved, WHY I SHOULD PRAISE GOD “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms” (Psalm 95:1-2 NKJV). Do you have any reason to praise God? I do! I do not know about you, but the Lord has been good to me. He wonderfully and fearfully created me in my mother’s womb (compared Psalm 139:14). I was born into this world almost fifty years ago. Since the day I was born, the Lord has been taking good care of me. He has been protecting me. He has been safeguarding me. He has been saving me from evils and dangers. He has been sustaining me. He has been providing for me. He has enabled me to achieve many things academically, matrimonially, professionally, ministerially, and spiritually. He has been blessing me and making me a channel of His blessings to others. In fact, He has been doing great things in my life. Why should I not praise God? I join the psalmist to implore you: “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms” (Psalm 95:1-2 NKJV). In addition to what the Lord had done for the psalmist who composed Psalm 95, the psalmist recognized the Lord as the great God and great King above all the kings on earth and the so-called gods (verse 3). He affirmed that all amazing places of the earth are firmly in the hands of God (verses 4-5). He enjoined people to come and worship God because people (including him) are sheep in the pasture of God (verses 6-7b). As a seasoned shepherd, the psalmist knew what it is to lead sheep into good pastures (compare Psalm 23). The Lord indeed had led him and many other people (including me) to His flourishing pasture. I should indeed join the psalmist to praise God! As the year is going to an end, do you have reasons to praise God? Do you see yourself as a sheep in His pasture? Will you appreciate His goodness and faithfulness over your life? Has He really helped you to achieve anything this year? Are you not holding grudge against Him that He has not done what you want Him to do for you this year? Are you not saying why should you praise God? God has indeed done so much for you! You should praise Him for who He is and what He has done, is doing, and will do, for you. If you think deeply, you will have many reasons why you should praise God, and you will be able to join the psalmist to say, “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms” (Psalm 95:1-2 NKJV). In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Pray that you will not be ungrateful, but think deeply to discover many reasons why you should praise God. NB: I dedicate this message to the Almighty God who enabled me to celebrate another birthday today December 8, 2018. Oh come, let us praise the Lord together for what He has done for ME!

No comments: