Custom Search

Saturday, January 21, 2017

BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

Dearly Beloved, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE “But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be” (Matthew 24:37-39 NKJV). WhatsApp Messenger (a cross-platform instant messaging application that allows iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia smartphone users to exchange text, image, video and audio messages for free) has given me and other users of the platform many months of warnings that it will soon end support for certain devices. The concerned devices were listed, and one of the devices I use for my Internet ministry is listed. I initially yielded these warnings and started limiting my use of that device for WhatsApp purposes. I informed most of the groups and some people that I have contact with through that device that I would stop using the phone number associated with the device by the stipulated time. I remember one of my contacts responded that WhatsApp has extended the deadline for another six months. I partially believed him, but when nothing happened after the announced deadline, I thought that he was correct, and I continued to use the device for WhatsApp purposes. Alas, two weeks after, I could access my chats and groups, but I can longer post messages through them. I got this message: “You can’t send messages to this chat because WhatsApp no longer supports this phone.” I was not caught unaware with the message, but I had thought that I would still have more months to enjoy WhatsApp services through the device. Most of my contacts on WhatsApp and most of the WhatsApp groups I belong to have already moved with me to the other phone number used on a supported device. However, there are still a handful of groups and contacts that will no longer have access to me again since they are associated with me only on the unsupported device. This incident is an example of what will soon happen to many people that do not yield to the warnings about the second coming of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ and many other people in the Bible warned people about His second coming. The event of the flood in the time of Noah as recorded in Genesis chapters 6 and 7 was used by Jesus Christ to warn people. Noah warned his generation for years about the impending flood, but only Noah, his immediate family members and some selected animals were saved from the flood by entering the ark (see also 1 Peter 3:20-21; 2 Peter 2:5; 3:5-10; Hebrews 11:7). In spite of the warnings about the second coming of Jesus Christ and the impending judgment on each person, many people today are still living as if Jesus Christ will not come. They behave as if they will not give account of their stewardship on earth. However, Jesus Christ will come again, and everyone will give account of his/her deeds (see Matthew 16:27; 19:28; 25:31-33; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 1:7). Will He meet you prepared, or are you nonchalant about His coming? Before it is too late, prepare for the second coming of Jesus Christ and His judgment. Do not let Him meet you unprepared. In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Pray that the second coming of Jesus Christ will not meet you unprepared.

No comments: