Custom Search

Saturday, November 19, 2016

GREAT IS MY GOD!

Dearly Beloved, GREAT IS MY GOD! “Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever” (Psalm 111:2-3 NIV). The greatness of our God, especially the greatness of His works, cannot be overemphasized. I do not know about any other person, but God has been demonstrating His greatness in my life and my family. Since the beginning of my life till now, I can experience the greatness of God. As this year is running to an end, I can look back and see how great God has been in my life. In spite of all odds, God has been great in my life. He has done so much for ME. I cannot tell it all. I will extol the LORD God with all my heart among the living. Great is MY God! I will continue to declare His greatness. I will continue to praise Him for who He is and thank Him for what He is doing in my life. The greatness of God is the thrust of Psalm 111. The psalmist declared that he would extol the Lord with all his heart among the upright people that take delight in God. He enumerated the glorious and majestic deeds of God thus: God provides food for those who fear Him; He remembers His covenant forever; He shows His people the power of His works by giving them the lands of other nations; He provided redemption for His people; and He ordained His covenant for ever. Because of these, the works of His hands are done in faithfulness and uprightness and they are steadfast forever and ever. Have you also thought about the greatness of God in your life? Have you thought about all He has done for you this year? Has He not demonstrated His greatness in your life? Can you also enumerate what He has done, and is still doing, in your life? God is indeed great and great are His deeds! Like the psalmist, we also have to acknowledge His greatness in our lives by worshiping Him for who He is and by thanking Him for what He is doing for us. Indeed, “Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain” (Psalm 48:1 NIV). In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to appreciate the greatness of God in your life.

No comments: