Custom Search

Saturday, September 12, 2015

ANSWER ME, O MY GOD!

Dearly Beloved, ANSWER ME, O MY GOD! "Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; be gracious to me and hear my prayer" (Psalm 4:1 NASU). The fourth psalm is attributed to King David. It is believed that he composed it, in relation with the third psalm, when he was in a trouble, probably when he fled from his son, Absalom. It is one the psalmist’s calls for help. He called on God to hear him. He also asked for the mercy of God. He expressed his confidence in God who has relieved him of his distress in the past, and believed that He can still do it again. He wondered why people that were persecuting him were doing so. However, he expressed once again his confidence in God who has chosen him. He admonished his foes to ponder about this and serve God in the right way and rely on Him instead of engaging themselves in wickedness. In spite his travail, David rejoiced in God because he knew that God had given Him joy that was more than that of his enemies. Therefore, he would have rest of mind even in his sleep because God was there to protect him. What are you passing through at present? Are you been persecuted? Call unto God! He is ready to answer you. He has done it in past, and He can still do it again. Rely on Him, and He will give you rest from all your troubles. He promises, "...call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me" (Psalm 50:15 NIV). "He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him" (Psalm 91:15 NIV). "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" (Jeremiah 33:3 NIV). In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Lord, I call on You today. Answer me and let the world rejoice with me.

No comments: