Custom Search

Saturday, July 12, 2014

HOW CAN GOD HAVE HIS WAY?

Dearly Beloved, HOW CAN GOD HAVE HIS WAY? "Father, if you are willing, please don't make me drink from this cup. But do what you want, not what I want" (Luke 22:42 ERV). “But, Lord, you are our father. We are like clay, and you are the potter. Your hands made us all” (Isaiah 64:8 ERV). Occasionally, I use the lyrics of the hymns I post daily in the “Ministering through Daily Hymns” aspect of my Internet ministry to pray for people in the “Prayer Wishes” aspect of the ministry. I do this because many people just sing and enjoy the melodies of these hymns without pondering on the wordings of the hymns. I was proved right recently when I used the lyrics of the popular hymn “HAVE THINE OWN WAY, LORD” by Adelaide A. Pollard to pray with people that day. I was surprised when some people in my contact lists asked me how God can have His way in their lives. When one asks God to have His way in one’s life, one is implying two things: one, one is depending on God and one is ready to yield to the way of God, and two, God is able to do the right thing in and over one’s life. Therefore, one who allows God to have His way over one’s life will surrender one’s total life to God for guidance and direction. Such one will allow God to do as He wills over one’s life without struggling with God or imposing one’s way on God. Having tried without success to become a missionary to Africa, Adelaide A. Pollard yielded herself to God and composed that hymn, “HAVE THINE OWN WAY, LORD.” She likened herself to clay while God is the Potter that is molding the clay as He wants. She waited and yielded herself so that God could mold her and make her after His will. Even as she did this, she went ahead to pray that God should search her and try her and wash her as she humbly bowed in His presence. Because she had allowed God to have His way in her life, she could pray also that God help her, touch her and heal her from her wounded and weary heart. Above all, she wanted to be filled with the Holy Spirit so as to see only Christ always living in her. Have you allowed God to have His way in your life? Will you let God be the Potter of the clay in your life? Surrender your total life to Him and do not struggle with Him over your life ambition. He will mold your life in a better way than you never imagined. Lord, have Your way in my life! In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). Prayer Point: Pray that you will not struggle with God but allow Him to have His way in your life so that your life will be molded as He wants it. NB Are you on BBM and you have not joined my first BBM network? If yes, you can still invite me through this second BB PIN:79D09A93 to be receiving my daily messages. If you are already in the first network and you have been receiving my daily messages you do not need to join this second network. Thanks.

No comments: