Custom Search

Sunday, February 17, 2013

PRAISE THE LORD, MY INTERNET MINISTRY IS 10!

PRAISE THE LORD, MY INTERNET MINISTRY IS 10! “With all my heart I praise the Lord, and with all that I am I praise his holy name! With all my heart I praise the Lord! I will never forget how kind he has been” (Psalm 103:1-2 CEV). With all my heart I praise the Lord as my Internet ministry is exactly ten years old today. An email ministry that started on February 18, 2003 has metamorphosed to this Internet ministry with almost ten aspects. I give glory to the almighty God who has given me the opportunity to minister to thousands of people throughout the world in this unique way. I initially wanted to hold an anniversary event in a location to celebrate the milestone, but, I later changed my mind to publish three books in relation to the ministry. The three books I have published to mark the anniversary are: 1. “Spiritual Digest for Each Day of the Year: A Collection of 366 Quotes, with Corresponding Bible Verses, Hymns and Suggested Weblinks for the Hymns (Volume One).” 2. “Ministering through the Internet: A Decade of Unique Experiences” (the book chronicles my experiences and activities in the Internet ministry in the past 10 years with some selected people’s reactions). 3. “Salient Truths About Christian Life: A Collection of Pastor Bayo Afolaranmi's Online Weekly Devotional Messages (Volume One)” (A collection of my weekly messages compiled by one of my pastor-friends, Rev. Dr. Emmanuel O. Malomo, Secretary, ECWA Ilorin District Church Council). These three books were published both as eBooks and paperbacks online and can be ordered at my Lulu author spotlight. You can see brief descriptions of these books at my books blog. Indeed, I thank God for this unique opportunity. I also thank you all for being part of the successes and challenges in this unique opportunity. To celebrate the anniversary with me, join me in any or all of these projects: 1. Either order these books for yourself, your beloved ones (especially pastors) and libraries of churches and institutions OR support me financially as I order as many copies of the books to be used as anniversary complimentary copies for people (especially pastors) and libraries of churches and institutions. 2. I need another laptop as back-up to the one I am using presently. A recent experience I had corroborated this. 3. I want to start my PhD program in an American seminary any moment from now. (This will indeed be a long-term project.) Before this, it is my desire to attend international seminars/workshops this year. To send in your contributions or support the ministry, visit Support this Ministry. You may contact me for details. Please let me know the specific project you are partaking in. You also will be celebrated in Jesus' name. Amen. Since most of you are not among the 47 people that received my first message, as a way of celebrating the ministry every year, let me resend the message to you: WHAT DO YOU SEE? “We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them" (Numbers 13:33 NIV). "The land we passed through and explored is exceedingly good…. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them." (Numbers 14:7, 9 NIV). These were the views of two groups that went to explore the land of Canaan. Undoubtedly, the two groups were saying the absolute things about what they saw in the land. The former is the carnal sight that did not see beyond the ordinary, while the latter is the spiritual sight that saw the extraordinary. What do see in your situation? Is it the ordinary or the extraordinary? If you see only your situation, you are seeing only the ordinary, but if you believe, you will see beyond the situation. Jesus told Martha, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:40 NIV). And Paul testified, “We know these things are true by believing, not by seeing [the ordinary]” (2 Corinthians 5:7 TLB). See beyond the ordinary by believing in the Lord that He will help you, and He will be glorified in your life. In His service, Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). NB As I requested on that first day of the ministry, "Pray that I will be able to continue to send messages like this, and forward them to your friends. May the Lord bless you as you do. Amen."

No comments: