Custom Search

Saturday, August 18, 2012

TRUST IN THAT ROCK!

Dearly Beloved,
TRUST IN THAT ROCK!
"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold" (Psalm 18:2 NIV).
"There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God" (1 Samuel 2:2 NIV).
Some time ago, I was relaxing on a rock when I saw a man coming towards me with a knife. Since everyone was minding his own affair, I did not care much about him. However, I discovered that he had tried to find a way to come up to the place where I sat. He went round that rock many times, but he could not find the way. So he stopped before me by the base of the rock with a fury. He swung his dagger at me several times and uttered some inaudible words. In spite of the shinning of the dagger by which he meant to hurt me, and his apparent rage against me, I was quietly sitting where I am. He was furious and tried to roll away the rock on which I sat. He tried again and again till he was tired, still I was not moved or afraid. In fact, I was enjoying myself above. Because of his inability to do any damage to me, he went out more furiously than before.
Problems and challenges of life come in many forms trying to disturb man's peaceful existence. Man's source of trust when problems occur and his reaction to it will determine how he will overcome the problems and the challenges. Jesus Christ is the formidable Rock against any problem or challenge of life (Deuteronomy 32:4; 2 Samuel 22:32, 47; Psalm 31:2-3; 89:26; 94:22; Isaiah 26:4; 1 Corinthians 10:4). Neglecting Him is like neglecting one's source of life (Deuteronomy 32:15; Isaiah 17:10).
Are you facing a problem or a challenge of life now. This problem may interrupt your joy. It may seem that all is against you. Here is a solution for you! Are you are on that eternal Rock, Jesus Christ? Do you trust Him to help you in your problem? Are you adding further to this problem by being anxious about it? Do not let this problem overcome you. Trust in Jesus Christ. Stand on that immovable Rock and you will overcome your problems.
In His service,
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
NB
This message was first sent out on June 3, 2003.

No comments: