Custom Search

Saturday, October 1, 2011

“WILL YOU STAY WITH ME?”

Dearly Beloved,
“WILL YOU STAY WITH ME?”
“Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you” (Isaiah 41:10 The Message).
Recently, my eleven-year-old son was ill. I took him to the hospital for treatment. The doctor advised that he should be admitted for proper monitoring of the treatment. He was led to one of the wards of the hospital. As he was given the initial treatment on admission, he asked me, “Daddy, will you stay with me?” My answer was not definite as I was at that time thinking on how his mother and I will be alternating our staying with him and at the same time the care of his siblings at home. I later asked him whether he was afraid, and he said he was not. I stayed with him for about an hour before I left for his mother to take over from me.
The concern of my son is indisputable. Every one of us needs the company of a loved one especially when we are facing or about to face a challenge. Undoubtedly, it is not possible for one to be with one’s loved ones all the time, not to talk of being of help to the loved ones when they need it most. However, God, as the omnipresent Being, is not only there for one, but also there to be of help. The psalmist put it this way, “God is our harbour and our strength, a very present help in trouble” (46:1 BBE). Anyone who puts his/her trust in Him needs not be afraid of what he/she will encounter because of the ever presence of God. In another place, the psalmist said, “Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, Lord, for you are with me. Your shepherd's rod and staff protect me” (23:4 TEV). Therefore, wherever one is, God is there to keep one’s company and to help one in whatever challenge one is facing.
What are you passing through now or about to pass through? You need not fear for God will stay with you! “...because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you’” (Hebrews 13:5 NIV).
In His service,
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

No comments: