Custom Search

Friday, February 18, 2011

EIGHT YEARS OF GOD’S FAITHFULNESS!

EIGHT YEARS OF GOD’S FAITHFULNESS!
“O LORD, I will always sing of your constant love; I will proclaim your faithfulness forever” (Psalm 89:1 TEV).
Today marks the eight-year anniversary of my Internet ministry - a ministry that started with sending of a devotional message by email to about 50 people on February 18, 2003. (You can find that first message below.) The ministry has been growing everyday from that one aspect to many aspects of the Internet (visit http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/abouttheministry.php to know more about the ministry). Only God knows the number of people throughout the world that are being blessed by the ministry through the Internet every day. Indeed, great is His faithfulness and I will always proclaim it forever.
I cannot but appreciate all the people that God is using to support the ministry financially, materially, morally, prayerfully and spiritually.
Let me specifically appreciate people that supported my project of visiting a foreign country for ministry-related purpose last year. I do not have a particular project for this year, but I need more REGULAR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to be able to do the ministry more effectively, most especially the SMS aspect of the ministry.
My ministry-related trips to Ghana and Mozambique last year were eye-opener to me. I discovered that I cannot be ministering to people throughout the world and remain a local champion who is not exposed to what is happening in other places apart from Nigeria. So, it is my desire to have more exposure through ministry-related visits to other countries, especially in attending international conferences, seminars, workshops and similar gatherings.
If you are led to support me financially this year, contact me directly or visit http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/support.php to see ways you can send your assistance. Accept my wholehearted appreciation in advance.
As I normally do every year, here is the first message of the ministry:
Bayo Afolaranmi wrote:
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:19:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Bayo Afolaranmi
Subject: WHAT DO YOU SEE?
To:
WHAT DO YOU SEE?
"We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them" (Number 13:33, NIV).
"The land we passed through and explored is exceedingly good…. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them" (Numbers 14:7, 9, NIV).
These were the views of two groups that went to explore the land of Canaan. Undoubtedly, the two groups were saying the absolute things about what they saw in the land. The former is the carnal sight that did not see beyond the ordinary, while the latter is the spiritual sight that saw the extraordinary.
What do see in your situation? Is it the ordinary or the extraordinary? If you see only your situation, you are seeing only the ordinary, but if you believe, you will see beyond the situation. Jesus told Martha, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:40, NIV). And Paul testified, "We know these things are true by believing, not by seeing [the ordinary]" (2 Corinthians 5:7, TLB).
See beyond the ordinary by believing in the Lord that He will help you, and He will be glorified in your life.
In His service,
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

No comments: