Custom Search

Sunday, August 29, 2010

YOU WILL SOON GET THERE!

Dearly Beloved,
YOU WILL SOON GET THERE!
“Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass” (Psalm 37:5 NKJV).
Life is full of many challenges and unexpected hindrances. One may be discouraged because of these challenges and difficulties of life. However, if one is resolute and depend on God, all these stumbling blocks will become a stepping stone.
People that have been following my online weekly devotional messages will remember that I once said last month that I would be travelling to Mozambique for a two-week ministry-related visit. After many obstacles and delay, I was given a one-month visit visa to Mozambique. Some of my online friends contributed the money that I used to buy the return ticket for the visit and for other expenses related to the visit. I prepared for the visit and went to the airport on the planned day of my departure. I was about to be checked in at the airport when airport authorities said I could not go on the journey because I did not have a South Africa transit visa. The information I had was that I would not need a transit visa to go through South Africa, but I was made to understand that the information is outdated. The new regulation is that I must have a South Africa transit visa to go through the country. I was disappointed and embarrassed as all efforts to allow me proceed on the journey that day proved abortive. I thought I would be able to get the transit visa the following day and proceed on my journey, but getting the South Africa transit visa is not that easy. I returned home dejected, but with hope that I will still make the journey soon, especially as I can still use the bought return ticket later. My experience when I first made the attempt of applying for South Africa transit visa at the South Africa embassy in Lagos, Nigeria was so terrible. I almost abandoned the whole issue of travelling to Mozambique. However, with more determination and reliance on God, I made another attempt and that one was successful though after some difficulties. I got the transit visa and eventually travelled through South Africa to Mozambique some days ago. I am sending this message out here in Mozambique! What seemed as ordinary and simple affair became a worrisome and difficult one, but at the end, I could achieve my initial aim.
What are you also striving to achieve that seems difficult to achieve? Whatever the hindrances, you will achieve your goals in life. Do not be discouraged because of the hindrances. Just be resolute. Trust in God. He will enable you to achieve those goals. You will soon get there!
In His service,
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor)
+258820063375 (till Sept 8)
NB
I am presently in Mozambique for a two-week ministry-related visit. I have started the ministry already. Thank God for journey mercy to this place and for what He has done thus far. Pray that my ministry here will be a great success. Remember my family back in Nigeria also in your prayers for me. Also pray for journey mercy back home after the visit. Thanks and God bless.

No comments: