Custom Search

Sunday, June 6, 2010

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Dear Beloved,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

"I hear many whispering, 'Terror on every side! Report him! Let's report him!' All my friends are waiting for me to slip… But the LORD is with me like a mighty warrior…" (Jeremiah 20:10-11a NIV).

Although Jeremiah was called by God, yet his own relatives, friends and other prophets did not like him. In fact, no-one wanted to listen to his message. They hated him because of their disobedience and idolatry (Jeremiah 11:18-23; 20:1f; 26:7f; 33:1; 37: 16-21). That was why he was initially reluctant to be a prophet to his own people. However, God told him not to be afraid of the people and disrespect Him, the Sender. He accepted the call and spoke the words of God without fear or favour even at the point of death (Jeremiah 7:1f; 20:3f; 26:1f; 29:1f). The Lord was faithful to His promises. He made him victorious over all these oppositions, though he was alone (Jeremiah 1: 19; 26:24; 33:1-3; 36:26).

Joseph was sold into slavery in Egypt by his own brothers. He was sent to prison because of his faithfulness. He was forgotten in the prison by those who should rescue him. However, God did not forget him. He did not leave him alone in the land of Egypt (see Genesis 37-50).

It was as if Jesus Christ was alone on the cross and in the grave, but "What David said are really the words of Jesus, 'I always see the Lord near me, and I will not be afraid with him at my right side. Because of this, my heart will be glad, my words will be joyful, and I will live in hope. The Lord won't leave me in the grave. I am his holy one, and he won't let my body decay. He has shown me the path to life, and he makes me glad by being near me'" (Act 2:25-28 CEV).

Are you also alone? Is everyone against you? Do not be afraid. You are not alone if you are with God. One with God is a majority. Be faithful. Remember, "The [Lord] who calls you is faithful and He will do it" (1 Thessalonians 5:24 NIV). "…He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one" (2 Thessalonians 3:3 NIV).

In His service,

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

NB
This message was first sent out on September 7, 2003.

No comments: