Custom Search

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

PRAISE THE LORD, MY INTERNET MINISTRY IS SEVEN!

Dearly Beloved,

PRAISE THE LORD, MY INTERNET MINISTRY IS SEVEN!

I give all glory, honour and majesty to God for making my Internet ministry exactly seven years old today. The ministry started as an email ministry to less than fifty people on February 18, 2003. Today, the email ministry has metamorphosed to an Internet ministry with many aspects ministering to thousands of people every day (visit http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/abouttheministry.php to know more about the ministry). Many people have been blessed by the ministry, and God has used many people to bless me through the ministry.

I appreciate all the people that God has blessed and that God is using to be a blessing through and in the ministry. The Lord will continue to bless you immeasurably in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Last year, as I celebrated the sixth anniversary of the ministry, I disclosed that I wanted to achieve two major goals before the last quarter of the year. The goals were having a brand new laptop for the ministry and publishing a book on the ministry. An individual singlehandedly provided the brand new laptop (that I am still using presently). People in the ministry contributed almost eighty percent of the cost of the production of the book on Internet ministry I published before the last quarter of the year (visit http://ministeringthroughtheinternet.blogspot.com/ to see the overview of the book). I am so grateful.

This year, I have three goals. One, a pastor friend in Uganda, East Africa that I met through this Internet ministry is planning to invite to his country for a ministry-related visit. From my preliminary findings, I will need at least one hundred and sixty thousand naira (N160,000.00) for the return ticket apart from other expenses before and during the visit. The proposed visit will be in the month of June, but I want to have everything for the visit by the end of April. Can you be of help in any way? Obviously, you may not be able to singlehandedly pay all the expenses, but your widow’s mite will go a long way.

Two, I need a Blackberry for the ministry. It is evident that having the device is not as difficult as maintaining it. I want a person (or group of persons) that will provide this device and be ready to be maintaining it for me. It will really ease my activities in the Internet ministry.

Three, I desire to reach out to more people especially through SMS ministry. This aspect is the most expensive out of all the aspects of the Internet ministry. Honestly, some people are doing their best in providing recharge numbers and other monetary resources for this ministry. I want more regular assistance from more people.

If you are led to be a part of any of these goals, contact me or visit http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/support.php to see ways you can send your assistance. Accept my wholehearted appreciation in advance.

As I normally do every year, here is the first message of the ministry:

Bayo Afolaranmi wrote:

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:19:05 -0800 (PST)

From: Bayo Afolaranmi

Subject: WHAT DO YOU SEE?

To:

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

"We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them" (Number 13:33, NIV).

"The land we passed through and explored is exceedingly good…. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them" (Numbers 14:7, 9, NIV).

These were the views of two groups that went to explore the land of Canaan. Undoubtedly, the two groups were saying the absolute things about what they saw in the land. The former is the carnal sight that did not see beyond the ordinary, while the latter is the spiritual sight that saw the extraordinary.

What do see in your situation? Is it the ordinary or the extraordinary? If you see only your situation, you are seeing only the ordinary, but if you believe, you will see beyond the situation. Jesus told Martha, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:40, NIV). And Paul testified, "We know these things are true by believing, not by seeing [the ordinary]" (2 Corinthians 5:7, TLB).

See beyond the ordinary by believing in the Lord that He will help you, and He will be glorified in your life.

In His service,

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

No comments: